We believe that creativity is the key to a more fulfilled and happy life. Our mission is clear: We want to make creativity a routine for everyone to love! And we've been very grateful to see more than 600 000 people find or rediscover their creativity by joining one of our painting events. The concept is simple: At an ArtNight, people paint their own piece of art under the step by step guidance of an artist. This is where everyone experiences their creative "flow" – a feeling in which we feel alive and completely absorbed in our activity. Being part of the ArtNight team means working in a diverse environment that will set no boundaries to your creative abilities.
Backend Engineer (d/f/m)
As we continue to prepare for sustainable growth, we are looking for a Backend Engineer (d/f/m) to help us make sure we grow the right way. We've finalized our re-platforming to a new, long-term solution based on Sylius as e-commerce domain implementation and Pimcore as operational management suite and we need to continue growing this platform in a secure, high-performance and high-availability fashion. You will report to our VP Engineering.
Our tech stack in a nutshell: PHP 8.0+ (Symfony 5), Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Docker/Kubernetes/Terraform, Gitlab/CI, FusionAuth + Vue on the front-end.
More details here: https://stackshare.io/artnight-slash-realtainment-gmbh/our-stack
- Write efficient, reliable code and set an example for the rest of the development team
- Organize and participate in code reviews
- Help ensure that we are maintaining a good, relevant coverage of tests
- Participate in improving the long-term architecture of our platform and connected products (3rd party or self-managed)
- Set up and follow through on proof of concepts with the Product, Frontend and Infrastructure teams, as needed
- Being a role model for your team members, setting high standards and share your knowledge with others actively
- 5+ years of technical development experience with PHP, preferably using Symfony as framework
- Strong experience with REST Web Service Architecture and database design; GraphQL a major plus
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (Gitlab CI/Travis etc.) and DevOps culture, writing infrastructures as code is part of your routine
- Worked as part of cross-functional teams on Agile-driven products
- Knowledge of Product Information Management (PIM) or E-Commerce systems a plus; experience with Pimcore or Sylius a major plus
- Experience with client-based technologies (Vue or React as frameworks and PWA as results) a plus; experience with Vue Storefront a major plus
- Passion for good communication & a strong team spirit!
- You adhere to the SCRUM values: courage, focus, commitment, respect and openness.
- Our long-term vision focuses on service-driven, continuously delivered, loosely coupled headless backends that support high-performance, experiment-friendly web applications. We believe in modern, API-first implementations supported by test automation across all boundaries and following the zero trust security model, with high observability and reliability
- You will receive an annual training budget of 1.000 euro to realize your personal development goals (e. g. joining language courses)
- We focus on a topnotch employee experience providing insightful newbie days, a personal welcome package, 30 vacation days and unlimited tickets for joining our events for free!
- We top up your pension plan contribution with 20% and offer you a permanent employment contract
- Enjoy our wonderful office in Berlin with the flexibility to work mostly from home if you wish!
- Need assistance with your visa application? Our People & Culture Team is happy to support you with this!
Come join to create ArtNight’s next big chapter with us! Because life's about creating!
We live diversity and equal opportunities. In our teams we welcome every applicant, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or other grounds of discrimination. Personal formulations in the job advertisement are to be considered gender-neutral.